Although not as popular as scrambled eggs, which are just as easy to prepare, the omelette is another equally delicious way to cook eggs. But many people end up throwing in the towel because it can quickly become a real headache. Either it sticks to the pan, or it cooks too quickly, or its shape is improbable. Difficult, difficult to get a harmonious and perfectly achieved tortilla. How to make it perfectly appetizing and soft? Follow our recipe.
What is that “magic” ingredient to have a very soft tortilla?
The preparation of the French omelette involves a different technique than the American one. If you want to elaborate according to the rules of the art, it is important not to neglect any stage of preparation and above all to avoid certain mistakes.
What differentiates the French version from the American one is that the former adds an important ingredient: butter. Its texture is thus smoother and its appearance reveals a perfectly uniform light yellow color, without brown spots. While American tortillas are folded in half, on the French side we prefer to roll them into an oval or cylindrical shape.
But before you get there, it is still necessary to achieve correct and flawless cooking. To do this, trust in the experience of our grandmothers who have always used a very special secret to give the tortilla a tasty and unique flavor. In fact, to achieve a “fluffy” side to your omelette, you’ll need to add a secret ingredient: pancake batter.
How to cook the perfect omelette? Here is the prescription!
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons pancake batter
- Start by breaking the eggs into a bowl, then add a teaspoon of water and the pancake batter and mix with a whisk (or electric mixer) for 5 minutes. Make sure you have a homogeneous mixture. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Take a fairly deep frying pan with high edges, add a tablespoon of butter: it must be carefully distributed completely in the mold (even on the edges).
- When the foam begins to come out and the butter is about to brown, add the eggs. Cook for a few seconds until bubbles form.
- Now shake the pan in a circular motion for 10-15 seconds. Then, as if you were trying to flip a pancake, pull the pan toward you over and over again.
- At this stage, the eggs accumulate on the opposite side of the pan and roll around each other from the movements.
- Key moment: now you must integrate the tortilla to the plate. To be successful in this delicate operation, rotate the pan, move the handle away from the plate to install the tortilla with the bottom facing up. There you have it: all you have to do is sit down and eat it hot. Thanks to this recipe, your tortilla is soft and tasty!
Do you want to add some ingredients?
Of course, if you prefer it very consistent, you can always decorate your tortilla with mushrooms or cheese. Just remember to integrate them right after the circular motions. Since the tortilla will come together very quickly, the filling should be ready and placed directly in the center of the tortilla. You can then simply “roll” them using the same technique.