The more we accumulate appliances at home, the more we complain about the amount of the electricity bill, which continues to rise over time. For many people, this energy consumption has become a big problem, both for the monthly economy and for the environment. Reducing the flow of electrical energy has become a daily challenge. However, it is not impossible to save money and preserve the planet at the same time. Do you want to control your family budget by reducing your electricity bills this summer? Here are five solutions that really work!
There are two ways to reduce electricity use in your home: energy conservation and energy efficiency. The first concept is to avoid the use of unnecessary energy. This category includes, in particular, the disconnection of electronic devices when they are not being used: computer, smartphone, tablet, television, Wi-Fi, cables… Always remember to unplug them at night, for example.
Energy efficiency aims to improve the energy of the house in an intelligent and optimal way. Thus, the idea is to use less energy while maintaining a certain level of comfort. For example: Instead of turning off the heat, invest in a smart thermostat that automatically adjusts the temperature. Certainly, energy efficiency often comes at a higher cost than conservation. But all of these improvements will help you save money in the long run and thus limit the amounts on your electric bills.
Now we will introduce you the list of five smart ways to reduce your electricity bill effectively. By following these tips, you’ll realize significant long-term savings.
5 ways to effectively reduce your electricity bill
What are the secrets to reduce the costs of the energy bill?
First of all, it is important to carry out an energy audit. So go to a specialist from the company that bills you for electricity, to find out in concrete terms the efficiency of your home’s energy consumption.
Did you know that 75% of electricity consumption comes from the use of electronic devices? For example, the toaster can consume 876 watts when it is on. If it is disconnected, on the contrary, the consumption would be zero. What is certain, in summer, the device that consumes the most energy is none other than the air conditioning! It is probably still one of the biggest energy consumers in any home.
Find out how you can reduce your energy costs by keeping your home cool without using too much air conditioning, according to Secretele.com. By following these 5 tips, you can avoid a huge electricity bill:
- Make sure air conditioner filters are always clean. They also need to be replaced regularly. This will reduce electricity consumption by up to 15%!
- In the morning and at night, avoid using the air conditioner. When you wake up, close the windows and draw the curtains. In this way, the outside heat will not invade the room. At night, when it’s cooler, you can open the windows again to regulate the temperature in the house.
- Insulate the house you live in well. Pay attention to exterior windows and doors. If there are cracks, no matter how small, hot air will more easily enter the room, while cold air will escape.
- To save money, we strongly recommend that you use the fan instead of the air conditioner. Electricity costs will be significantly lower!
- Install blinds on your windows. These, when turned all the way down, can reduce the temperature of a room by up to 45%.
read also Save money, disconnect these devices and reduce your electricity bill by 23%!