Our brain is an organ whose complexity is unmatched in the other kingdoms. Modern neuroscience has made many discoveries, but we can say that we are just beginning to understand how it works… that’s how complex it is. Among the great theories, that of the right brain versus the left brain.
Discover this test to better understand your brain dominance.
1. Your son urgently needs his medical history… ¨ A. You go straight to look for it in such a drawer or file ¨ B. You no longer know where it is… panic.
2. During a work meeting, you are bored. You take the opportunity to: ¨ A. Think about a new organization for your office ¨ B. Dream, think about your next vacation
3. To choose your vacation: ¨ A. It’s simple, you opt for the cheapest ¨ B. Favorite!
4. It’s Friday, your partner calls you in the afternoon to propose a getaway this weekend… ¨ A. It’s not possible, I had planned to clean… you have to organize in advance ¨ B. Great, what good news!
5. Intuition… ¨A. You don’t believe it, it’s just imagination ¨B. you believe it
6. At home… ¨ A. It is always super well organized ¨ B. No, it is often a disaster, and I like it when it is like that
7. About your last vacation… ¨A. You perfectly remember the small details of the room, meals, etc. ¨B. No, not really, just the general mood.
8. You are in love with a new piece of furniture… ¨ A. You think first, you have to see if there is space at home ¨ B. You buy it, “Then we will see where we put it”
9. You are late… ¨ A. Hardly ever ¨ B. Quite often
10. Painting, dance, theater, artistic activities in general are important for the child’s development… ¨ R. Not really, it is above all the school career that will determine the child’s career, if he will be successful in life or not ¨ B. Yes it is very important, it allows you to develop different skills
A priori, if you have a maximum of A responses you are more left hemispheric, and if you have a maximum of B responses you are more right hemispheric.
Discovering your cerebral dominance allows us to better understand the subtle workings of your psyche. But above all, we must not fall into caricature and received ideas.
Many researchers have investigated the bipolarity of the human brain and its lateralized tendencies. We now know that each hemisphere has its very specific and complementary attributions, but also that the two collaborate closely in everyday life, for language or writing.
If each laterality of the brain has its own ways of thinking, perceiving or learning, the sum of the two sectors in activity always offers a much higher result than the simple sum of the two capacities: “properly holistic model” to use the formula of the scholar Rupert Sheldrake – our brain confirms the theoretical model of holism according to which “the whole is greater than the sum of the parts”.
This table brings together the essential keywords: on the one hand for the neocortex and on the other hand for the more emotional limbic zone, also lateralized. It is extracted from the book LES 10 CERVEAUX DE LA NATUROPATHIE, Daniel Kieffer, Jouvence 2019. A reference book in naturopathy, which allows a very deep and very subtle understanding of our body.
(controls the right side of the body)
Analysis Cartesian thinking Logical reasoning Mathematics, calculation Rationalization Linear and progressive thinking Planning/ordering Animus/yang language
(controls the left side of the body)
Synthesis Intuitive thinking Analogical reasoning Aesthetics, poetry, arts Imagination Metaphorical thinking Instant thinking Anima/yin inspiration
Active Control and organization Temporal Dominant Closure to parapsychic phenomena Materialism Exact sciences Verbal mode Memory of names Critical sense
Receptive Emotions and improvisation Spatial Reserved Expansion of consciousness Openness to the irrational Spiritualism Human sciences Symbols and archetypes Musical modality Memory of faces Empathic sense Contemplative sense
read also Who broke the vase? Your answer gives unsuspected information about your personality