One of the bases of naturopathy continues to be vitalism, that is, the healing power of nature. Naturopathy is practiced by a naturopath whose role is to treat you by helping you find a favorable balance for self-healing. These are some of the benefits of naturopathy.
A healthy aid to lose weight and quit smoking
You can discover naturopathy through weight loss support. To do this, the naturopath will help you make a general assessment of the state of health. Depending on the profile that arises, it will offer you a battery of suitable measures to lose weight easily.
Naturopathic care borrows a fairly simple process. This will help you adopt a healthy lifestyle, favorable to the elimination of fat.
In addition, thanks to naturopathy, you have several alternatives to quit smoking. You will take, for example, Kudzu, which is a plant that allows you to control addiction by stimulating the production of dopamine.
Also, the use of other herbs and dietary supplements may improve withdrawal symptoms. This is the case of St. John’s wort that serves as an antidepressant.
Improvement of PMS symptoms
By always changing your diet, you can reduce some of the symptoms associated with PMS. Naturopathy offers you different solutions to curb the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
- You should avoid hypoglycemia: the approach proposed by naturopathy consists of considerably reducing, for a few days before your period, foods and dishes with high glycemic indexes, such as industrial and refined sugars;
- Moderate water retention: you should reduce salt consumption by eliminating industrial dishes, for example. In fact, these are high in sodium;
- Fights inflammation: Abdominal pain and breast pain are caused by inflammation. Therefore, you will need to eat anti-inflammatory foods, such as those rich in omega 3, in the days leading up to PMS.
Adapting plants to your menstrual cycle
Several plants are useful and effective for the relief of premenstrual syndrome. The mistake you should not make is drinking herbal teas without having a clear idea of their actions.
In fact, the plants chosen to treat PMS change depending on the cause of PMS. Thus :
- In case of estrogen excess, it is advisable to take: Passionflower, Liquorice, Achilllée, Lady’s Mantle;
- In case of excess progesterone, it is advisable to take: Fennel, Hops, Roman sage.
Strengthening of the immune system
In general, allergies are caused by a malfunction of the immune system. To alleviate allergies, naturopathy allows to correct in depth the disorders related to the immune system.
Thanks to dietary measures, food and the use of certain natural remedies, naturopathy can strengthen your immune system. This helps reduce or permanently stop allergies. Naturotherapy is particularly effective in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
The fight against osteoarthritis
The course of osteoarthritis is greatly influenced by your lifestyle. Thus, it has been shown that natural plants such as ginger or devil’s claw are effective in reducing the pain and symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Therefore, if you suffer from osteoarthritis, a diet suggested by a naturopath can help you improve your quality of life. If you scrupulously follow the diet, you will considerably reduce the inflammation caused by osteoarthritis.
read also The virtues and uses of menthol