Google Maps is a geolocation tool that many people use on a daily basis. Whether you need to find your way, find out train schedules, find the fastest route, or find the shortcut to get to your destination seamlessly, you’ll find all the information you need in the Google navigation app. However, there are some secret features of Google Maps that you didn’t know existed.
In this article, we are going to discuss a list of the 5 most common Google Maps features that few people use. Take advantage of it now to save time and save yourself money and unnecessary efforts.
Google Maps is, without a doubt, one of the most useful applications ever invented. Thanks to its functions, it is becoming easier for people to move around. However, while its basic functionality is easy to use, there are still some hidden and more advanced options that very few people know about. Find out how to use them.
Save and find your parking location on Google Maps
Sometimes it can be difficult to find your car, especially when you park it for the first time in a huge parking lot. Fortunately, Google Maps offers several solutions to help you know exactly where you parked. Simply follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Maps app on your smartphone.
- Click on the little blue circle to show your location.
- Tap Save your parking location.
See and share your real-time location on Google Maps
Surely you have ever gone somewhere and your partner, family member or friend asks you where exactly you are so they can accompany you. Thanks to this feature of Google Maps, it is quite possible to share your position in real time.
- Open the Google Maps app on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Click Menu (the profile icon in the top right) and tap Share Location.
- You can also decide how long your location will be shared, if not you can cancel it manually.
Zoom on Google Maps with one finger
Most people navigate Google Maps using their mobile phones. That said, they only have one hand free because they hold their smartphone with the other hand. It gets pretty annoying when trying to zoom in or out to look at the map up close. If you still think you have to pinch to zoom in or out, think again. Google Maps now lets you do it with just one hand.
- Open Google Maps on your phone or tablet.
- Double tap the place you want and keep your thumb on the map. Drag it down to zoom in and up to zoom out.
Customize the icon of your car on Google Maps
It’s certainly not a big deal for some of you. But did you know that it is possible to customize the icon of your vehicle when you move with Google Maps?
- Open Google Maps on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Start navigation to reach the desired destination.
- Click on the blue arrow indicating the directions to take.
- Select the icon you want to use and it will appear automatically.
Create a list of your favorite addresses on Google Maps?
If you plan to go on a trip, this feature will allow you to easily organize your stops and places to visit. Just follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Find the address you want by long pressing a place on the map or directly on a marker.
- Touch the small window that appears at the bottom of the screen with the name and address of the location you selected.
- Click Save and select Favorites or create a new custom list.
The list of selected addresses will be available on the Google Maps home page, so you can consult it at any time.
Google has managed to impose its application on the online mapping market, thus making it essential for all users of this service. Since Google Maps is automatically installed on Android smartphones, the digital giant currently occupies a dominant position, not to say a “virtual monopoly” in this area.
read also How to find your parking space easily with Google Map? The genius trick that makes life easier