Whether basic or sophisticated, heating solutions shouldn’t be lacking as winter approaches. From then on, you will have to make a decision, which will not only heat you efficiently but also help you save money. If in this case you opt for heating with wood pellets, here is everything you need to know, between advantages and disadvantages.
The pellet stove never fails to seduce. So how much is this heating method really worth? Decoded.
What are the pros and cons of heating with wood pellets?
For most, gas and electricity bills can become a real headache as winter approaches. Wanting to save as much money as possible, he is constantly looking for alternatives to gas heating. In fact, according to Ademe, 42% of homes are heated by gas in France. However, c.latest not less expensive. Hence the need to resort to an economical alternative, which would allow you to heat your home without having to go bankrupt.
One of them could be the pellet stove. The latter, which can work with wood pellets, also called pellets. The perfect opportunity to take stock of the advantages and disadvantages of this heating method.
What are the benefits of heating with wood pellets?
Commonly known as pellets, wood pellets are a dry, natural fuel used to power a pellet stove or boiler. obtained in of small pieces of wood and sawdust, the granule generally does not exceed 2 centimeters in height for a diameter that varies from 6 to 8 millimeters. Besides producing little ash, wood pellets also have other advantages.
- Easy to use: what seduces above all is its practical side. In fact, to adopt this mode of heating, it is enough simply to install a boiler or a pellet stove. Equipment quite simple to use as well as ergonomic, for most of its users. Increasingly revolutionary, some appliances are equipped with an electrical programmer that allows you to manage their operation, so that your home is warm as soon as you get home.
- An advantageous calorific power: this is far from trivial, for good reason, the pellet is one of the more efficient fuels in terms of performance, being superior to wooden logs. In other words, you’ll save money while enjoying the same level of heating. This can be explained in particular by the low level of humidity enjoyed by the pellet.
The disadvantages of heating with wood pellets?
Despite the evidence of its advantages, heating with wood pellets can have some weak points that are difficult to hide.
- Some sensitivity to moisture: mAlthough easy to store unlike logs, wood pellets do not no less sensitive to ambient humidity. In fact, the latter must be stored in a dry place specially dedicated to this purpose, otherwise it will lose its calorific value.
- A noisy heating mode: lFar from being silent, the wood pellet stove or boiler can generate a lot of noise, especially when turning on and off. The latter can produce an estimated noise between 45 and 55 decibels, on average. In other words, a noise similar to that of a washing machine.
- Constant and regular maintenance: cIt is an element to take into account when buying. Indeed, the wood pellet boiler requires annual maintenance. Therefore, a maintenance contract must be agreed with the installer. The latter could also provide for trips in the event of a malfunction.
As you have seen, the heating or stove with wood pellets has both advantages and disadvantages. Despite everything, this method of heating is becoming more and more successful and continues to invade homes.
read also Damaged wooden furniture? The trick to restore them and leave them like new