Clean, soft, fresh towels are priceless. However, with daily use, towels end up full of bacteria and germs. Therefore, it is necessary to wash them as much as possible. How often exactly? Let’s find out, in the following lines.
They come into contact with our body several times a day and even end up falling to the ground, in some cases. It’s no wonder, then, that towels require regular maintenance. How often should they be washed? Explanation.
How often should towels be washed?
Towels that do not benefit from regular laundering, can quickly become a breeding ground for germs. This is the ideal frequency with which you should wash bath towels and hand towels:
The frequency of washing bath towels.
If you let your bath towels dry completely after each use, it is therefore recommended wash them after three uses. In this case, the washing frequency therefore depends on the number of uses. Therefore, if you shower twice a day, this will mean that you will have to change the towel every other day. On the other hand, by showering once a day, you will have to change the bath towel every three days.
If these washout frequencies seem so sustained it is because bath towels are constantly exposed to moisture and body fluids. Therefore, they become a breeding ground for germs, which are the source of the unpleasant odors that towels give off. In addition to moisture, the bath towel absorbs cellular debris that microbes can feed on.
The frequency of washing hand towels.
In the kitchen or bathroom, hand towels are used very frequently and are therefore exposed to all kinds of contamination. It is therefore it is recommended to change them once every two or three days, especially if they are used by several people. Therefore, hand towels should be washed as often as possible.
What is the best way to wash towels?
Who says washing frequency, says washing quality. Here’s how to wash towels to make them as clean as possible:
- It’s always best to dry towels by hanging them up before putting them back with the rest of your clothes. he is too it is not recommended to place wet towels in the laundry basket.
- For spotless towels, the device used for cleaning should be too. That is an important process that will preserve the cleanliness of the clothes to be washed but will also prolong the useful life of the washing machine. To achieve this, feel free to add white vinegar to it while running a vacuum wash cycle to remove any bacteria from the machine.
- It’s best to avoid overloading the washing machine drum by placing too many towels in it. One might think that such a gesture saves time, but it is quite the opposite. Indeed, towels do they will not be able to benefit from the efficiency that the washing cycle is supposed to bring themeither in terms of detergent or water.
- For optimal effectiveness and cleaning, it would be wiser to consult the washing instructions before using any detergent.
- White vinegar is an excellent natural softener, so it is advisable to prefer it to chemical softeners.
As you can see, for clean towels it is necessary to adopt good habits but also observe the appropriate frequency of washing.
read also The brilliant trick to whiten towels and prevent them from getting dirty again