Recycling is the art of reusing objects in many other ways and what better than cardboard egg cartons to do it. Flexible and easily foldable, you won’t need any special expertise to pull it off. If you lack inspiration and don’t know what to do with it, here are some ideas and proposals that will be very useful for you.
Before you throw your egg cartons in the trash or send them to the sorting center, think about recycling them and using them differently. We show you how.
Good news for recycling enthusiasts: make way for cardboard egg cartons, because we have for you creative proposalsthat will entertain you and will be very useful. In fact, instead of getting rid of them, you can reuse them for the creation of singular objects. We explain how to proceed.
Keep in mind :
The number of packages to use depends on the number and size of the item you plan to make.
Create a vase out of egg cartons
What could be easier than transforming egg cartons into vases or planters? To do this, these are the steps to follow:
- Using string, measure the rim of a small jar, then align the string with the width of the egg carton.
- Cut it into several separate strips with a box cutter or scissors.
- Glue every other strip simultaneously to form a circle.
- Overlap the circles on top of each other and secure with hot glue.
- Your vase or pot is now ready. You can paint it any color you like using spray paint (remember to lay down old newspapers on top of the surface you plan to work on).
- Let it dry for a few hours.
- Place it on a pot or at the bottom of a bottle that you have previously cut out and put a plant on it.
Turn egg cartons into Christmas tree decorations
Christmas is coming and what better than decorating your tree without spending a penny? So here’s the egg carton based hack:
- Using a cutter, cut out your egg carton so you only have individual cups and shape them to look like flowers.
- Poke a small hole in each cell with an awl.
- Paint your flowers the color of your choice using spray paint and allow to dry for a few hours.
- Using strong or hot glue, glue the flowers one against the other, to form a sort of ball.
- In each hole, insert the small bulb for Christmas garland and fix them with glue.
- Hang your colored garlands on your Christmas tree, turn them on and enjoy the result!
Make an egg carton lampshade
Whatever shape and color you want to achieve, you can easily achieve it with egg cartons. Here’s how to create a lampshade from these:
- Using a cutter, cut the egg cases so that only the cells remain.
- Still using a cutter, drill a few holes to let light through.
- Using hot glue, glue the back of the boxes together to form a circle or a square (as desired).
- Give a touch of color to your screen with the paint of your choice.
- Let air dry for a few hours.
- You just have to fasten the electric cable to the screen with threads, hang it all from the ceiling and admire the result obtained.
Remember that these egg cartons are made from molded paper pulp and if overheated they could ignite. So consider using energy efficient LED bulbs.
As you may have noticed, there is no shortage of ideas for recycling egg cartons. Whether you want to do it alone or in the company of your children, all you have to do is use your imagination to create something unique, without having to incur unnecessary expenses.
read also What happens when you put bay leaves in the flour? The smart way to save