By making correct use of reversible air conditioning, you can heat your home in winter saving energy. In this case, and in order to benefit from an ideal temperature inside your home, you will have to refer to certain indicators, two of which are considered essential. Explanation.
Enjoying optimal thermal comfort is not easy in winter. Here’s how to get there, taking into account the following indicators.
What are the two indicators to refer to when using the reversible air conditioner in winter?
One of the strengths of the reversible air conditioner is the fact that it can cool you down in the event of an extreme heat wave, and conversely warm you up in the event of a freezing winter. In other words, a double use, which in both cases ensures an ideal temperature inside your home, whatever the season of the year. However, during the winter period, its use may not bring you complete satisfaction. Therefore, in order to be able To benefit from optimal thermal comfort and an ideal temperature, it is necessary to correctly adjust this device and ensure that it works correctly.. To achieve this, in this case, you will have to pay attention to two indicators that are as crucial as they are essential.
Adjust the temperature of your reversible air conditioner based on the outside temperature
To work in winter, the reversible air conditioning, thanks to its outdoor unit, recovers the calories to move them inside your home through its indoor units. An advantageous and economical use, since the appliance generates more calories than it consumes. This way, you can save some money on your energy bills. But before considering this, it is necessary to properly adjust your device.
In fact, the air conditioning temperature should depend on the outside temperature, but not only! It is essential to take into account the humidity of the environment in which you are and the orientation of your accommodation.. In general, and for optimal comfort, the temperature of the air conditioning in winter should be between 20 and 23ºC.
Furthermore, if your house is properly insulated, setting the temperature between 18 and 19 ºC will be more than enough. However, and if the temperatures drop below 0ºC, the reversible air conditioning may be insufficient and in this case you will need additional heating.
Keep an eye on the exterior structure of your reversible air conditioner
You will not have missed it, your reversible air conditioning can be a victim of frost and the presence of the latter should alert you immediately. Indeed, the formation of frost or frost can be explained by:
- Insufficient airflow: This problem can be related to clogged filters, the presence of dirt at the evaporator level, even blocked or, in most cases, broken ventilation.
- A low outside temperature: in this case, the air conditioner can freeze if a sharp drop in temperature is observed, especially at night. In addition, it is not recommended to operate your reversible air conditioner when the outside temperature is -15ºC.
- Lack of refrigerant: the absence of the latter causes a pressure drop in the evaporator, which undoubtedly leads to the formation of frost on the outdoor units of your appliance.
In any case, it is advisable to act quickly, as this can damage your device but also cause it to explode. energy bill. To do this, do not hesitate to follow the following steps:
- Turn off your appliance and let it thaw completely;
- Once defrosted, be sure to clean or replace the air filters;
- Restart your reversible air conditioner and make sure it is working properly.
If after all this, your device still has operating problems, you will have no choice but to call a professional.
As you will have understood, when putting your reversible air conditioner into operation, you will have to be careful if you want to benefit from optimal thermal comfort in your home.
read also How to make an air conditioner with plastic bottles?