Plants that don’t require a green thumb make you happy: the Crassula ovata, or money tree, is made for you. As their names suggest, this succulent is not just a vase. Here’s why, bringing it into your home will be true happiness for many years according to Feng Shui.
Of course, his curious appearance is a bit of news. It is not known to have the same graces as roses or other orchids… Its persistent presence will vary very little. We love its plump, rounded leaves. It will be content with rainwater, but in moderation. Make no mistake about it, this plant native to Africa has, however, traveled the planet a lot. Passing through the East, it arrived here at the end of the 19th century with the fashion for cacti and other indoor succulents. Enough also for Chinese wisdom to have integrated it into the Vastu art, based on the principles of feng shui. It deserves a place inside you.
money tree, Crassula ovata it is more than a plant, it will bring prosperity and happiness to your home. Indeed, due to the shape of its leaves with rounded edges and bordered with red, the Chinese sages grant it virtues to attract prosperity, luck and harmony in the home. It should be displayed in the rooms where you are most often, to remind you positive energies that she releases The most favorable period is that of flowering. Its starry flowers, light colors, will come alone, to capture all the good energies.
Year after year, you will see it grow and reproduce with disconcerting ease. A BGift water to maintain friendship and harmony. We can even surprise ourselves by imagining this plant a little, in larger pots and admiring this time, a real shrub that will delight you in the garden, if it is not too cold there.
5 important points to grow Crassula ovata well at home
- temperatures:the crassula ovataindoor plant par excellence, likes the temperature between 15 and 24°Chowever, make sure do not go below 10°C for a few days.
- Exposition :the jade tree ask for light, expose it to a few hours of sunlight during the day, near a window.
- Irrigation:In any case, avoid “drowning” your Crassula ovata. Therefore, the frequency of watering is different depending on the atmosphere in the house and the time of year… Once a week during the growth period, but once every fortnight in autumn or winter. In any case, IIt’s a matter of watering it, when your compost is dry!
- Land: Like many other succulents, the crassula needs a soil suitable for succulents. You will take care to drain the pot well, depositing at the bottom of it, clay balls, which favor aeration and feeding of the roots.
- Cuttings:An intact branch removed from the plant with a sharp, sterilized blade, is planted directly in a box and in a ventilated and clear room without exposing it to direct sunlight. Wait a few days for the wounds on the plant to dry and heal to prevent rot. Choose the right type of soil (mix coarse sand and blonde peat in equal parts) and fill a pot up to 2 cm from the edges; don’t forget to place clay pebbles in the bottom of the pot for better drainage. Push the leaves of the plant into the potting soil, spacing the cuttings apart. Lightly water around each cutting.
You can already see it in your interior, this Money Tree… Easy to grow, to cut, to maintain, it will undoubtedly be an important contribution to your interior, if we are to believe in the Chinese wisdom of Feng Shui. It will bring you prosperity and money.
read also How to plant and grow a jade tree at home?