Giving a ring is an important gesture, especially when it comes to engagement or marriage. Tensions crystallize around this symbolic object, which can quickly turn tragic. Every day, on social networks, we can be involuntary witnesses of the disappointment, anguish or joy that only this present can arouse. Indeed, there are codes: all the stones are not the same and they all have a symbolic meaning as well as a pecuniary one, depending on the budget you intend to dedicate to it. Here are some tips to avoid making a mistake while driving the deserving person crazy.
Choose the ring where the stone will be
The alliance has always been, as its name indicates, the cement between two beings: the promise of a future marriage. Of course, it is yellow gold, but it can also be white gold, depending on the customs. You will also need to know the bride’s finger size before purchasing. A ring that cannot be worn is a first disappointment.
Know the person well, choose the stone that corresponds to him
The safe bet continues to be the authentic diamond, its characteristics symbolize the durability of the promise. Its size matters, it must fit on the ring finger of the right hand. For your budget, but also for the person who will wear the ring, the diamond should not be too big, it will get in the way and the ring will end up in the bottom of a drawer… Too small, it could be considered of minor importance. There are also beautiful pink diamonds, not more expensive and that may be suitable for an engagement, for example.
What is the meaning of the most popular gemstones?
- The diamond it is considered the hardest and most valuable gemstone. It is often associated with everlasting love and marriage.
- the Rubi It is considered an exciting and powerful gemstone. It is often associated with love, wisdom, and royalty.
- Emerald It is a bright green gemstone that is often associated with tranquility, hope, and healing.
- the sapphire It is a brilliant blue gemstone that is often associated with wisdom, faithfulness, and spiritual strength.
- Opal It is a precious stone that exhibits a range of brilliant and changeable colors. It is often associated with creativity and luck.
- Amethyst It is a purple gemstone that is often associated with balance, peace, and serenity.
- Topaz it is a yellow or blue gemstone that is often associated with strength and wisdom.
- The Pearl it is a gemstone formed in seashells and is often associated with purity and innocence.
- Garnet it is a red gemstone that is often associated with love and passion.
Take your time, seek advice
Haste is a very bad adviser. Start by setting a budget and setting some criteria, then go ahead and prospect! Several visits, several sellers. It is also important to probe your girlfriend… but also and above all her surroundings.. Others have also gone through this delicate moment: a brother, a friend, a loved one: they will help you. This information will come to you and greatly illuminate your thinking and then your choice. It’s still the jeweler. Most of them have experience in the exercise: helping the undecided in their search, proposing, explaining and advising. Feel free to ask them any questions that come to mind.
There are several criteria to take into account to recognize a quality stone:
- The color: For some precious stones, such as diamonds, colorless is synonymous with superior quality. For others, like rubies and sapphires, intense color is a sign of quality.
- purity: A quality gemstone should be free from blemishes visible to the naked eye. The purer the stone, the more expensive it will be.
- Carat Weight: The heavier the stone, the more expensive it will be. However, it is important to note that carat weight should not be the only quality criteria for a gemstone.
- The cup: A quality cut for a gemstone should be symmetrical, with precise angles and well-defined edges. A top quality cut will bring out the beauty and colors of the stone.
- The quality certificate: A quality certificate details the characteristics of a gemstone and is issued by an independent laboratory. It is important to verify that the certificate is issued by an accredited laboratory before purchasing a gemstone.
As you can see, we do not embark on the choice of a ring or a stone without having previously informed us. Even if you want to keep it a secret, seek help, don’t do it alone.
read also What you need to put in your wallet to attract prosperity in 2023. So you will have a prosperous year