Lately, a wave of posts has invaded social networks about the use of shampoo to wash clothes. If using it in this way might defy you at first glance, know that it’s still quite possible. Here’s how to use laundry shampoo.
Shampoo as we know it is often used to wash hair. But in this article you will discover why other people use it to wash their clothes. We reveal the correct method and precautions to take to get the best results. After that, you will never look at your shampoo the same way again.
Why do so many people wash their clothes with shampoo?
When you run out of powder or liquid detergent, shampoo is a safe alternative to wash your clothes, give them shine and a good smell. But unlike conditioner, which can be safely used as a fabric softener, shampoo shouldn’t be used in a washing machine because it doesn’t work in the same way as a product meant to clean clothes. . So you can damage them or even damage the machine itself.
If the shampoo is thick, for example, and you put too much in the machine, this risks creating a lot of bubbles, causing the foam to flow outwards and therefore damaging the machine. Foam, in large quantities, can infiltrate the electronics compartment and interrupt the operation of the machine. In fact, special ingredients are added to the shampoo to produce a dense and resistant foam, necessary for degreasing the hair. But in a washing machine, all that foam is a risk, best avoided.
To wash your clothes with shampoo, this operation must be done by hand. It will work just as well as washing powder or detergent.
If you’re on the road and short on spare clothes, there’s no need to run to the laundromat. By following these tips, you can quickly wash your clothes with shampoo.
- Fill a container with lukewarm or cold water depending on the fabric (see care instructions). For silk and lace garments, prefer cold water. You can use warm water for cotton, linen and synthetic fabrics, but also when the clothes are very dirty. Be sure to separate your clothes by color so some don’t stick to each other..
- Then add a teaspoon of shampoo to the basin and mix until the water is sudsy. We advise you to choose a mild shampoo that does not contain dyes or dyes. Also, avoid two-in-one shampoos and conditioners. The latter is not recommended for laundry as it contains oils that adhere to the fibers of clothing.
- Submerge the clothing in the water and allow it to soak for 5 minutes or more if it is heavily soiled.
- Take each laundry item and gently work the soapy water through the fibers. Next, rub lightly to avoid damaging fabrics.
- Remove your clothing and rinse it in warm or hot water depending on the temperature at which you previously washed it.
- Finally, you can spin wet clothes to remove any remaining water before drying them in an outdoor dryer. Avoid twisting them so as not to stretch the fibers.. You should also check the care instructions on the labels to find out how to dry them.
Now you know why this practice is often used. When your washing machine breaks down, you run out of detergent and you need to wash your clothes urgently, use your shampoo. Your clothes will be clean and smell great.
read also Why do you have to pour conditioner in the washing machine? Solve a problem we all have