You certainly do not know all the functions of the grill of your oven that you use, therefore only very rarely. This rack is not only useful for grilling meat, it can also be used in the kitchen for other purposes.
Discover this trick that you can try to use your oven rack much more frequently.
The oven rack is an efficient way to make toast. You only need to put bread on the grill to heat it up and get a well toasted toast. This method is faster than a traditional toaster. If you want to speed up the preparation of your toasts, this is the ideal solution. Remember, of course, to place a tray under the oven when you cook meat to avoid dirtying the entire oven, which can be difficult to clean later.
Also read: Keep bread fresh for 2 weeks with a simple trick: it is not necessary to freeze it
Other methods to toast bread without using a toaster
- Toast your bread in the pan: Place the bread slices in a hot pan, you can add fat if you like. Watch the cooking to prevent the slices from burning.
- Toast your bread over the fire: This technique is suitable for campfires or fireplaces. Hold the bread slices with a pick or fork and flip them over so they cook evenly. Be careful not to burn yourself. This technique should be used as a last resort.
- Using an iron: Some people claim that the iron can also be used to toast bread, but it is important that you check the instructions for your appliance to see if it is suitable for this use.
The oven is an element present in every kitchen and to clean your grill nothing could be easier. Surely you have these cheap and ecological ingredients in your possession at home to clean it.
When cooking, a lot of food spills into the oven and when the remains dry, they are very difficult to remove.
Baking soda, which is a universal cleaning product in every house, will also be useful in cleaning the oven. In addition to its cleaning properties, it also absorbs odors, making it also suitable for use in ovens and grills.
clean the oven
It is common for the oven to become dirty with use. To prevent this from getting out of control, it is important to clean it regularly. There is an easy method to remove grease from interior walls in just a few minutes. Start by removing the rack and plates to clean them separately. Next, prepare a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda and dilute it with a little water. Soak the inside walls of the oven with this mixture and place the rest of the liquid in a container in the center of the oven. Turn the oven on to 120°C and leave it on for an hour. Once turned off, let cool a bit before sponge inside. The fat should come off easily.
Cleaning oven racks
You can then clean the grid:
Also read: The restaurant trick to defrost bread: hot and crispy result in 5 minutes
- Place it in the bottom of the bathtub or in another container, such as a large sink. If you are using your bathtub, it is advisable to place a cloth on the bottom to avoid scratches. Then soak in hot water.
- Then put 100 ml of detergent, add equal amounts of baking soda and lemon juice or vinegar, and mix well. Leave on for 6 to 8 hours, ideally overnight.
- In the morning, simply clean the rack with a sponge or old toothbrush.
- Finally, wipe with a paper towel.
In addition, there are ovens on the market equipped with new self-cleaning technologies by catalysis or pyrolysis. Catalytic ovens are more affordable, the interior surface is porous enamel that eliminates grease buildup, simply wipe after use.
Therefore, the oven rack has another very useful function that will save you time every morning when preparing your breakfast.
Also read: Bread stays fresh and crispy for days with this baker’s hack