Leather is a material that can deteriorate over time, especially if it is not maintained. If your leather bag is in bad shape and you care a lot about it, here are some tips to fix it. You won’t have to forget it at the bottom of the closet. Now it will be possible to carry your accessory on the shoulder or hold it proudly in your hands.
By doing what is necessary, it is very possible to give your bag a second life. Here are the proven tricks to fix it.
How to repair a damaged leather bag?
Before making any repairs, you should Thoroughly clean your leather bag. This allows you to see exactly the part to be repaired Y put the leather in good condition to be able to apply them necessary treatments.
Also read: Put a plastic bag in the washing machine and the result will surprise you. you will always do it again
The detachment of the leather. on the surface it is inferior and cannot be repaired effectively. However, even the best quality leather bags can show chips in the straps or particularly stressed areas. This is because the finish has been damaged.
Repair chipping to bag edges, corners and edges
The places that are used a lot are the most vulnerable and end up flaking the fastest. You can fix them with restorative tint for leather You can also use this method to repair deep scratches in colored leather.
What do you need:
- Dye leather the same color as your bag
- a small brush
After cleaning your bag, use the brush to apply a light coat of leather stain to the damaged area and allow it to dry.
On the edges of the strap you will need to apply several coats. Sometimes it can take up to 5 or 6. Let each coat dry before applying the next.
In case of deep cracks in the leather, a second piece of advice is to seal them. That’s how:
Seal deep cracks and fill in the flakes of a bag
If your leather is brittle and beginning to wear, it may show deep cracks or tears, especially at the welts, rushes, and edges. Here’s what you need to do to fix it.
Also read: Bugs will no longer touch the flour if you store it this way.
What do you need:
- leather cleaner
- A cloth or sponge
- 600 grit super fine sandpaper
- A repair paste for leather
- a palette knife
Apply leather cleaner to a cloth or sponge and wipe down your bag (test on a small area first before applying to entire bag).
- Let the leather dry completely: If there is moisture in the leather, it will prevent the sealant from setting in the cracks. Wipe away any moisture with a dry cloth to speed drying. Then smooth the cracks with sandpaper.
- Apply the product in thin layers: smooth by hand or with a spatula, then remove excess batter.
- Let the leather dry for hours:This step ensures that the putty sets and solidifies. A well-ventilated room or outdoors will allow the leather to dry faster. Of course, avoid exposing it to sunlight or heat, as these can dry out the material and cause new cracks.
These tips will help you repair your favorite bags so that they will serve you for decades and you won’t have to throw them away to buy new ones.
Also read: slow computer? It will be 3 times faster if you disable these useless programs – it’s simple