Who has never received these types of calls in the middle of the meal? At the end of the line, Tony, this pushy salesman, a little too much even, who wants to sell you anything and everything! I don’t care, you end up hanging after 30 seconds! 5 minutes later, again! Another call, this time it’s Marion’s turn to present her best sales pitch… Exasperated, you end the call before she finishes! Disillusioned by this kind of abusive and intrusive practice, find out how to end cold calling in just 2 minutes!
Telephone scrutiny is a widespread practice that can become harassment in some cases. Are you fed? Here’s how to stop getting these kinds of calls all the time.
Discourage cold calling with a single sentence
To get rid of an intrusive telemarketer and put an end to cold calling, all you have to do is use this phrase: “Please add me to your contact list.” Do not use the phrase “Can you put me on the list… or “I don’t want to take your calls anymore”; the telemarketer will ask you the reason for your refusal. Be firm, polite and courteous. Repeat the sentence if necessary. By using it, you say STOP to this type of bullying which can be exhausting in the long run.
Also read: The common mistake that slowly destroys the phone: stop it to keep your phone longer
The Bloctel solution to stop cold calling
Are you sick of cold calling? Listening to the same speech over and over again? Now you are thinking that changing your phone number would be the best way to put an end to this type of abusive practices that some companies no longer hesitate to put into practice. Not so fast! There is another solution, which allows sanctioning these undesirable commercial practices. The solution can be summed up in one word: Bloctel.
What is Blocktel?
This free service was created by the French government to put an end to unwanted cold calling and to protect itself from telephone marketing. A way to protect yourself from unwanted calls whose sole purpose is commercial prospecting.
Simple as pie, Bloctel allows you, the victim of cold calling, to put an end to it. Therefore, the goal is to relieve and protect you from telephone surveyors who have prospecting files that include all your personal information, viz; last name and first name, telephone number and your address.
Yes, but in concrete terms, how do I sign up for the Bloctel service? Nothing fancy, it’s pretty simple actually. Just follow the steps below:
- Visit the site bloctel.gouv.fr register free;
- Fill in the form available for this purpose;
- Indicate up to 10 telephone numbers, mobile or landline, where you no longer wish to be contacted;
- Confirm your registration request by clicking the link in the email you just received;
- Please allow a maximum of 30 days from your registration request, before it becomes effective.
Simple and free, this process is carried out in two stages, three movements! Note that it is also possible to enter the phone number of your spouse or children, if you wish.
What could be more annoying than a nosy acquaintance who can’t think of anything better than to call you every 5 minutes? Or that tenacious salesperson who won’t stop calling you! Stop, you mean! You can press a “phew” of relief, as it is possible to block unwanted calls on your smartphone.
Block unwanted calls on iPhone
- Open the “Phone” application on your iPhone;
- Click on the “i” that appears to the right of the number to access the call information;
- Just tap “Block Contact” in the list of options that appears;
- The number is added to the black list of blocked numbers.
Block unwanted calls on Android
- Open the “Phone” app after receiving the call;
- Go to the “Recent” section;
- Click on the number in question and press “Report spam” to block it;
- Confirm the action by pressing “Spam?” »
- The number will enter the black list of blocked numbers on your smartphone.
What is mobile spam?
Does this name mean anything to you? Better known as spam, mobile spam refers to an unwanted phone call, SMS or MMS for commercial, advertising or, worst case, malicious purposes. You may have already been the target of this type of practice! Not ?
In case of receiving a spam SMS, it is possible to report it by following the steps below;
- Forward the received SMS to the following number: 33700, without adding any comments;
- After receiving a message from 33700, complete your report by sending the number behind the spam SMS to 33700;
- You will receive a final message from 33700 informing you that your report has been completed. No need to reply or add any comments.
If, on the other hand, you are the victim of voice spam that encourages you to call back the number you received, here is how to report it:
- Text the words “Voice Spam” to 33700, followed by the number we recommend you call back;
- You will receive an SMS from 33700 confirming that your report has been received.
Keep in mind that some telephone operators, such as Orange, invite their customers to contact their “Abuse” cell phone to report any spam or phishing attempt.
Also read: What flight attendants do so their clothes don’t get wrinkled in their suitcases. What is your secret?
Dear readers, we understand your anguish. Proof with this article that aims to help you put an end to cold calls that never stop ruining your days! Feel free to use the Bloctel service to report any calls that you consider to be intrusive and unwanted.
Also read: How to remove fog from car windows without using ventilation?