Whether you are an expert or a beginner at sewing, when you want to put a thread on a needle, everything gets complicated! This task may turn out to be more difficult than expected… Look no further, we have a solution: you just have to make a needle threader yourself, all without any accessories! We show you, below, some techniques to succeed in this delicate step. Explanation !
Does threading a needle take a long time? Whether it’s your hands that lack stability, the tiny eye of the needle that taunts you every time you miss, or the thread that unravels every chance it gets… Don’t panic! We suggest foolproof ways to make this operation a breeze!
3 tips to put the thread in the eye of the needle
When you’re struggling to get the thread through the nearly invisible hole of a needle, you don’t need to be nervous! In fact, there is nothing easier than putting one of our creative crafts to the test and you are ready in 5 seconds to sew on a button or hem!
Also read: 11 great ideas to recycle your old tires
How to make a homemade needle threader with a toothbrush?
Ready to discover our great idea for easy threading a needle? Well, for this first hack, all you need is a toothbrush. Follow the steps:
- Lay an old toothbrush on a flat surface.
- Place your dental floss in the center of the toothbrush.
- Next, take your needle, place it over the floss, and push it through the bristles of the toothbrush.
- Use your fingers or another needle to pull the thread out of the eye of the needle. And now, voila!
How to use a plastic stopper as a needle threader?
One of our great techniques to get a thread through a needle in seconds is to use a plastic stopper. Yes, you got it right! So how to do? We explain, follow the guide!
- Take a classic plastic lid and place it on a table.
- With a cutter, make a small vertical incision on the side of the thread.
- Then, cut a few inches of wire and bend it to make a buttonhole.
- Insert the bent wire through the opening you made in the cork, with the eyelet on the outside and the ends on the inside.
- Fix them with some glue and voila! Now you’ll get a needle threader that you can keep in your sewing box!
- Slide the buttonhole into the eye of the needle, then thread the thread through the buttonhole.
- All you have to do is wrap the thread around your needle once and remove it from the small loop and you’re done!
How to use the palm of the hand to pass a thread through a needle?
Well, for this technique, a sleight of hand will do the trick. We show you what to do:
- Just below your index finger, place the yarn in the palm of your hand.
- Position the eye of the needle at the height of the thread.
- By moving back and forth with the needle, the thread will automatically slide into the hole in just a few seconds!
To better understand these methods, here is an explanatory video. It will be easier for you to do it, and one thing leads to another, you will master the mechanism!
Also read: Say goodbye to windshield scratches in 1 minute with this simple trick
Now that you know these three unstoppable methods, you will no longer be upset because you cannot pass a thread through the needle and you will be able to continue with your sewing work without any problem! It is simple, efficient and practical.
Also read: Hole in a sweater? Grandma’s trick to fix it in 1 minute: it will be like new