Unbeatable, which competes with jeans? Proud of his wardrobe, he can be stylish and match any outfit; he is not ready to leave his throne. It’s normal, who except him saves the look? Decide to create the look you want and he will give it to you, from the most chic to the most relaxed for both sexes and in all climates. But now, you realize to your horror that your jeans are perforated. Misery ! How to fix it?
Fall in love with your favorite jeans as much as you want and they will end up cheating on you. We know, the pain of seeing your pierced jeans runs deep. Don’t worry, we’ll help you spruce up your fashion item with this pro tip! All you need is a small SOS kit. Come on…
How to repair a hole in jeans by hand?
If jeans are timeless and versatile, it’s not a hole in the blue that will push you to throw them away. Anywhere on jeans, but especially on the inside, we know how the crotch can take a beating… Here’s an easy and discreet method to repair the inside of your jeans.
Also read: 11 great ideas to recycle your old tires
Think you have to say goodbye to your favorite jeans? It’s hard to live without him even when he’s getting old, will you admit it? In this save-what-can you won’t rush, we have a tip for hand sewing.
No need to have magic hands, just have a very useful little kit: a needle, thread, cotton cloth, an adhesive patch and a pair of scissors.
Here is our method!
Repair your jeans, follow these instructions:
During the day, hand sewing is easier. Turn your jeans inside out so that there are invisible seam marks. Bring the complete kit so you don’t skip concentration.
The first thing to do is get yourto japanese needle which has the particularity of a large hole and a protection of the palm when the needle goes through thick fabrics such as jeans. Similarly, get a special 6 grade polyester thread stronger than normal thread. These little tools will already allow you to glue your jeans professionally. How to proceed then? The method is easy:
- Flip your jeans like a pro;
- Pull the thread through the large-hole Japanese needle;
- Sew inside out from the beginning of the tear to at least the end;
- Cut the excess thread with scissors.
It’s not over, how to aestheticize and fill this trouser hole with a patch?
Hand stitching is fine, the aesthetics of the stitching is better, especially if the hole in the jeans is big enough. Therefore, the repair is sublimated with this small gesture.
Get a piece of cotton fabric in the same color as your jeans and stitch it over the tear you mended. Take the same needle again and start sewing again with the “forward stitch” technique. Known for its ease, this embroidery technique is so simple that a kindergartener can do it. It consists of joining two pieces of fabric, sewing forward while inserting the needle from below and pulling out the thread with equal spaces between the stitches. The fabric you sew should be slightly larger than the tear to better handle the pants. One cloth tile is enough. The excess is cut with scissors.
Now that the square of fabric is sewn and the tear completely closed, here’s what an expert seamstress will have added: TO adhesive patch ! The latter, heated by an iron, will come seal the entire seam and take the repair of the jeans to its final phase as a glue effect. The hole in the jeans is gone and you find your centerpiece!
Here is a video showing the steps to sew the hole on your jeans.
This time we offer you a faster trick with a girly forelock, like tulle or lace.
This is a method that will interest girls for a more “girly” and elegant look of jeans. Here’s how to repair jeans with knee holes without a machine with a patch.
Also read: Stop Throwing Out Your Old Hangers: 4 Smart Ways To Reuse Them
- Place the most elegant ridge you can find on the knee tear, taking care to hide it completely;
- Sew the patch inside the corresponding perimeter in the same way as we showed you before using a needle and thread of the same color as the patch;
- Do not overflow and carefully follow the contour of the patch so as not to leave traces;
- Once the patch is fully sewn, secure the seam with a solid knot from the inside and you have “revised” jeans.
The lazy will not be left without anything because it is also possible to stick the shield in the hole of the jeans without the need for the previous kit. We show you how to do it:
- Choose the crest with the smoothest, thinnest edges;
- Place it on the perimeter of the break and pre-define your measurements with a marker;
- Cover the rest of the jeans with plastic or paper;
- Remove the patch and lightly apply fabric glue to the exact edges you traced;
- Place the patch on the glue-soaked edge;
- Press your hand on the glued patch to weld the two fabrics together. We recommend placing a heavy object on it for a better bond;
- It’s almost there… all you have to do is scrape off the glue residue for a clean effect;
- Firmly iron the repaired area as many times as necessary and remember to turn off the steam;
- All you have to do is let it cool down and voila!
What a desire to discover all these outfits in which your jeans are kings!
Also read: How to make a candle with potatoes? It will burn for seven hours following these instructions.