Bathroom cleaning cannot be improvised! This requires regular maintenance of the tiles and sanitary facilities to remove dirt, as well as lime and water remains. And for this room to provide you with the greatest well-being, the choice of home remedies and cleaning tips is essential. We give you our instructions for use that best suit your needs.
We all know it: over time, the tiles in bathrooms and toilets become covered in limescale residue, soap and stubborn stains. And if care is not taken, the joints of the tiles also end up yellowing and presenting encrustations. Therefore, whether they are white, colored or made of a specific material, these essential elements in your bathroom require special care. But how do you quickly restore them to their full glory? We tell you everything.
Cleaning the bathroom is never fun. Between traces of lime, mold and bad smells, it gets dirty quickly. And if until then you used only chemical detergents, stop the slaughter immediately! Here is a tip to maintain it properly.
Also read: The magic trick to cleaning pavers: no need to buy expensive chemicals
Clean and descale the bathroom with hydrogen peroxide
There’s nothing like hydrogen peroxide to make wall tiles and bathroom fixtures shine like the first day. This multi-purpose, non-toxic product gets the job done completely without attacking surfaces and the environment. And that’s not all ! it is easy to use and guarantees good results alone or combined with other products.
- Pour a glass of undiluted 3% hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle.
- Liberally spray tiles, bathroom fixtures and shower surfaces to be cleaned.
- Leave to act for ten minutes.
- Do not hesitate at this stage to rub the dirty areas with a damp sponge.
- You just have to rinse and it’s perfect!
If your shower or toilet is covered with stubborn stains (mold, limestone or other dirt, etc.) or thick soap scum:
- Prepare a paste by mixing equal parts of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- Spread the mixture with a sponge on the affected areas and leave it on for 15 to 30 minutes. Scrub the mixture in with a scrub brush.
- Rinse and then dry with a microfiber cloth.
There you have it, your bathroom once again exudes a welcoming and hygienic atmosphere!
Hydrogen peroxide should always be stored in a dark bottle to prevent its chemical structure from breaking down when exposed to light.
You will understand: the bathroom is the domestic space that requires special attention. Dried water droplets, moisture, and condensation are factors that lead to mold growth and unsightly marks on your various surfaces. But that doesn’t mean it’s inevitable! These few natural tips will get you through it!
Try the Marseille soap and vinegar duo
Our grandmothers never stopped extolling the merits of white vinegar. This versatile product is ideal for cleaning and disinfecting your bathroom surfaces. Its action combined with that of Marseille soap will really clean your shower tiles and dirty toilets. All you need to do is mix in a bucket:
- A cup of white vinegar
- A tablespoon of Marseille liquid soap
- a liter of hot water
After mixing the products well:
- Apply this mixture on the sanitary tiles.
- Let the product act for a few minutes.
- Then rinse with clean water. The result is guaranteed!
make a natural cleaner out of ammonia and dish soap
Looking for a cleaning solution for your bathroom tiles? And you don’t want to spend hours scrubbing? Ammonia is THE solution you need. Very effective at removing stubborn dirt and stains, but a bit more damaging than other products. Attention ! Hands and eyes must be protected before each use.
To get clean and shiny tiles:
- Mix one cup of ammonia with one-half cup of dish soap and one-half cup of hot water.
- Using a sponge previously soaked in this solution, gently clean the stained areas of your bathroom.
- Rinse with clean water and you’re done! Your shower is spotlessly clean.
Decalcify the bathroom with another infallible product: soda crystals
Flaking is inevitable! The other good trick to overcome it is to use soda crystals. This anti-scale and anti-limescale product will return your toilets and tiles to their original appearance in just a few steps. It is capable of easily removing dirt from bathroom walls and floors. These are the steps to use it correctly:
Also read: How to clean and degrease a dirty oven effortlessly? 3 methods to make it look like new
- For starters, wear household gloves to protect your hands.
- Fill a bucket with hot water, then add about ten tablespoons of soda crystals.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Then dip a sponge or cloth in it and use it to scrub the tile.
Limescale and scale deposits will magically disappear!
It is no longer necessary to use corrosive and toxic products to restore the shine of your beautiful Italian shower or modern bathroom. If you’ve figured out the secret, it’s up to you!
Also read: Perforating the dishwashing liquid and pouring it into the toilet tank: it is the favorite trick of plumbers