Are you easily distracted to the point of (often) losing your keys? Don’t you think it would be better to have a double hand that will save you the day in an emergency without having to go to a locksmith? We offer you a very simple and quick trick so that you can make your own spare key yourself without paying a penny. Follow our advice and take matters into your own hands!
did you know It is possible to obtain a perfect copy of your key in a very short time. And the best thing is that this trick will not cost you a penny. Are you curious how to achieve this? We tell you everything!
Let’s be honest! How many times has she run out of her house only to find her keys installed minutes later! If you want to copy your keys to avoid this inconvenience, we advise you to follow these steps to the letter!
Also read: Heat the house in 5 minutes with the radiator with an unknown trick: you will save money at the end of the month
What do you need:
- Transparent tape
- soda can or can
How to proceed :
- Start by using a lighter to heat the original key until it is covered in soot.
- Next, very lightly apply a piece of masking tape to the blackened side of the key to retain the print.
- Attach the printed tape to the bottom of a soda can or tin, making sure that this part is not too thick.
- Finally, grab a pair of scissors; Carefully and precisely cut the outline of your new key on the can, following the trace drawn on the adhesive tape and voila! However, don’t forget to be very patient and thorough during this crucial step!
Here is a tutorial to guide you
Like the soda can hack, you can also duplicate your keys using an expired credit card, a gift card you no longer use, or just an empty Tic-Tac box. We show you the technique to follow, below:
The materials you need:
- Transparent tape
- Credit card, expired gift card or empty Tic-Tac box
The steps to follow:
- First, start by lighting your candle and placing your key on it for 1-2 minutes, so it comes into contact with the flame (be careful not to burn your fingers).
- When it burns, set the key aside and allow it to cool for a few moments.
- Then, place the blackened side of the key on the rubbery surface of the tape to transfer the print.
- Then stick the ribbon on your credit card or gift card and use your scissors to reproduce the shape of your key and voila! Your spare key is now ready!
However, if you don’t have any cards, you can simply use the Tic-Tac wrapper by following the same steps. In fact, these solutions are very practical when you have your original key in your hands. But what happens when you lose it for good and want to get another one?
If you’ve lost your apartment key and don’t have a spare, you can still get an identical and compatible key from the lock cylinder. You just need to call a locksmith to dismantle it. However, if the cylinder is not identifiable by a code or its barrel is not removable, this trick will not help you. However, there are other solutions to solve your problem in this case. All you have to do is:
Also read: Do you flush the toilet paper rolls? That’s a mistake, here’s a great way to reuse them.
- Ask your manufacturer for replacement keys.
- Rekey your key by referring to the property number assigned to you when you purchased your lock.
Dear readers, creating a spare key from a soda can, empty Tic-Tac wrapper or unused card may sound complicated, but it is worth noting that it is an illegal practice if the key to be duplicated it does not belong to them.
With our methods, being stuck outside without your keys will no longer be a hassle! Now you can duplicate your keys and hide them in a safe place to use them in due time!
Also read: It is not recommended to turn off the computer with the power button: see what happens to your PC