Because limestone quickly builds up and deposits on toilet walls, one question haunts the minds of those who resist the chores. How to make it disappear without having to spend hours scrubbing? Don’t panic… Although limescale can be daunting, there are easy and inexpensive tips to remove it with little or no effort.
To put an end to the proliferation of bacteria and germs in your toilets, it’s important to be armed with a winning frame of mind: Periodic cleaning! But if you’re dealing with problems the size of scale deposits, well… hard times come hard and fast. And no, it is not about resorting to chemical products when the solution is at hand with natural ingredients… We show you ecological methods that allow you to descale your toilets without resorting to aggressive methods. And without bleach to take!
If it’s not always easy to deal with calcified toilets, it’s because limestone has had time to build up in the container due to hard water. With these tips, face the problem head on to dissolve tartar without too much difficulty.
Also read: The brilliant trick to polish windows without leaving traces: a 1 euro product is enough for you
to delete HE tartare of bathroom no rubbing using citric acid and baking soda
In fact, there’s a great way to tackle unsightly brown stains in your toilet bowl without scrubbing. The homemade solution is to take advantage of the properties of citric acid and the natural abrasive power of baking soda. To prepare this powder for cleaning toilets, these are the simple steps to follow:
- Mix in a bowl 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of citric acid
- Add a few drops of tea tree essential oil
- Mix again, and then pour the solution into the container.
- Leave on for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Unload the bathroom. The lime stains should disappear.
With baking soda and citric acid as the main ingredient in the anti-limescale recipe, you’ll descale your toilet bowls without breaking the bank! The icing on the cake, your toilets benefit from the pleasant smell and antibacterial power of tea tree essential oil!
The White Vinegar Method for Cleaning Toilets
It’s hard to miss this essential cleaning product that proves its worth in various household tasks. And toilet decalcification is no exception! If you have a thin layer of limestone, white vinegar is enough to dissolve it and at the same time disinfect the affected walls. You see, the solution is as easy as the other. The only difference, you will still rub a little. But not enough to build muscle anyway!
- Dilute 1 part of white vinegar in 2 parts of hot water
- Pour the vinegar solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution directly on the walls of the container.
- Leave to act for 2 to 3 hours.
- Scrub the walls gently with a sponge or toilet brush.
- Flush the toilet and, if necessary, repeat the operation.
Again, you can take advantage of the deodorizing power of baking soda in case you have bad odors. Although white vinegar already does this job, baking soda can be a complementary addition to ensure a completely odor-free toilet bowl. Just sprinkle the baking soda on the tartar-affected areas and let it sit all day. Once you rinse it should give a good result.
It’s also worth mentioning that it may be easier to apply these tricks if you empty the water out of the container first. This way, ingredients will do more.
Also read: If you spray it in the shower and toilets, you won’t have to clean them for 2 weeks
While the above solutions may be enough to dislodge the limescale, you may need to do a bit more for a heavily calcified mug. But then again, you don’t have to put in the effort of a fighter. You can count on sandpaper and a little parsimony on your part, and you’ll have removed stubborn tartar in minutes. That is how:
- Choose the level of roughness of the sandpaper according to the hardness of the lime deposit.
- Gently abrade the lime buildup with the light sandpaper.
- Once the surface deposit has been removed, you can move on to coarse sandpaper to polish off any remaining scale.
- Try the white vinegar trick or the citric acid/baking soda trick.
You will see from these tricks that the true principle lies above all in a methodical state of mind. And the most important ? A regular cleaning rhythm so that scale does not have time to settle on the walls of your toilets! It’s all about housekeeping attitude after all.
Also read: Do not throw away the apple skins, put them in a jar: you will save a lot