If you dream of trying bell peppers all year round, even in winter, then know that it is quite possible to plant them at home. By following our guide, you can grow these juicy greens in the comfort of your own home and enjoy their sweet, fruity flavor any time of the year. Today we show you how to seed and plant bell peppers indoors and give your taste buds a flavor explosion.
Not having a garden or garden of your own doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself of good, self-grown vegetables. Gardening, even in an apartment, is quite possible! This is the case with peppers and peppers already ready to be planted in pots. We show you how to do it step by step!
Gardening with the Moon: the influence on planting, cultivating and harvesting
Before undertaking gardening activities, it is necessary to observe the movements of the moon and its position in the sky. In fact, if you respect the different cycles of nature, you will benefit from the beneficial influence of the lunar star on your plants. If you wonder how is this possible? Take a look below:
Also read: The rules to follow for the successful cultivation of cucumber
- Crescent moon: during this lunar phase, plants are more vigorous and resistant to disease. perfect time for prune, harvest and pick fruits and vegetables for better conservation.
- waning moon : during this period, the plants are less vigorous and the harvests are less abundant. However, fruits and vegetables have richer aromas and flowers give off a more intense fragrance. good time for till and fertilize the land.
- Crescent moon: when the night star rises high in the sky, the branches overflow with vital energy. The best time to enjoy grafting, germination, sowing seeds and harvesting fruits.
- descending moon: when the moon wanes, the sap of the plant is gradually withdrawn until it reaches the roots. it’s the perfect time to transplanting, rooting of cuttings, layering promotion, seeding and planting of young shoots.
Planting and growing peppers in your garden and orchard with the Moon: what are the favorable dates?
If you are looking for favorable days to plant your peppers, follow our little guide for the month of February 2023:
|dates||Recommended and discouraged activities|
|February 22-23||We advise you to avoid planting your seeds, as they will have difficulties to grow and will give you little yield.|
|February 24-25||We advise you to plant crops without soil such as beans, peppers, cucumbers, melons, etc.|
|February 26-27||We advise against planting seeds during these two days, as they will tend to rot.|
|February 28||You have carte blanche that day! Plant beans, tomatoes, corn, cucumbers, peppers, melons, and other crops without soil.|
Do you want to sow peppers in March 2023 according to the phases of the moon? We give you a hand:
|March 1-2||Favorable days for planting soilless crops and seedlings and flower beds.|
|March 3-7||Favorable days for the elimination of plant pests.|
|March 8 and 9||Recommended days for sowing tubers and sowing forage and flower crops.|
|March 10-12||Excellent days for transplanting seedlings, starting seedlings, and planting root vegetables and leafy vegetables.|
Whether you want to grow your own bell peppers or chili peppers, know that these two vegetables are similar! They share the same seeding and planting rules, both in terms of technique and time. Don’t know where to start? Thanks to our guide, these plants will no longer have any secrets for you!
When to sow the seeds of peppers and peppers indoors?
Peppers and chillies need sunlight to develop well and offer you unique flavors. However, we draw your attention that its growth stops when the temperature drops below 13°C, while the optimum temperature for its development is around 24°C. If you want to offer them the best growing conditions, favor a cool, deep, humus-rich soil, with a neutral pH between 6.5 and 7. To sow, simply place them in a very warm place between february and april. That being said, you should wait 20-24 weeks before your first harvest! Also, if you want to save money on buying seeds, you can simply collect them from your own chili peppers and peppers by following a few simple steps.
How to sow pepper seeds and grow them indoors?
If you are one of those lucky enough to have a south-facing balcony, you can grow chillies and peppers there without any problems. In fact, this vegetable needs a warm and humid environment to perfect its ripeness. However, be sure to protect it from the elements by installing it sheltered from wind and rain. Do you need more details? Keep reading!
- For peppers and pepper plants in excellent health, sow the seeds in light soil and cover them with 0.5 to 1 cm of soil.
- For young plants, a permanently warm temperature is necessary for them to develop well and they must be protected from cool nights.
- Once they have grown enough, they can be transplanted into a larger pot.
- When the weather starts to get nice and the days get warmer, you can gradually get them used outdoors before planting them in the garden.
- Of course, in summer, do not hesitate to water them generously. As for the harvest, it takes place between August and October.
We suggest you watch this video to learn more about growing peppers:
Also read: How to successfully plant gladioli in the garden?
Did you know, dear readers? Regardless of their shape and color, peppers are true treasures for our health, as they are full of vitamin C, vitamin A and other minerals. Hence the need to grow them at home and enjoy them at any time of the year!
Also read: Spread watermelon rinds in your garden at night and find out what happens in the morning.