Window blinds are constantly exposed to dust and dirt. And if you don’t clean them regularly, cleaning them can sometimes be a challenge. Therefore, to make your life easier, we offer you these various solutions to quickly remove dirt from your roller blinds.
As with the windows in the house, cleaning the blinds should not be omitted, and they must also be treated with some regularity. This is all the more important as dust easily adheres and accumulates. And since they are usually white, help! Fortunately, there are many tricks to restore their shine!
Home tricks to clean roller blinds
If the first reflex to adopt is a good vacuum to remove surface dirt and dust, you have to get down to work when it comes to particularly dirty roller blinds. If this is your case, we offer you effective tips that will make cleaning the blinds a walk in the park. And the smartest thing to do is to do this cleaning according to your material. He went away :
Also read: Putting coffee grounds in the shower, everyone does it: the reason will blow your mind
How to clean aluminum roller blinds?
Aluminum roller shutters have the advantage of being durable, strong and relatively easy to clean. To treat them properly and remove dirt and stains that may alter their appearance, nothing is easier. Aluminum is a material that does not present a real cleaning challenge!
- Start by cleaning the rolling parts and mechanisms on the edge of the shade with a damp cloth;
- Prepare warm soapy water based on Marseille soap;
- Soak a soft microfiber cloth and wring it out. You need to make sure that the water does not flow along the shutter;
- Run the cloth over the blinds. The Marseille soap should be enough to dislodge the dirt.
If you are dealing with particularly dirty blinds, you can use a natural detergent based on dishwashing liquid and white vinegar. for this you will need:
- A container filled with 1 liter of hot water;
- 1 cup of white vinegar;
- 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid.
Mix the ingredients in the bowl.
- We recommend that you start by lowering the blinds so as not to close them completely;
- With a vacuum cleaner, remove dust residues with the appropriate nozzle
- Soak a soft-bristled brush in soapy water made with dish soap and white vinegar, then scrub from top to bottom.
- Wipe methodically from left to right then vertically with a cloth soaked in soapy water to lightly wring
- Let act for a few minutes
- Dry with a microfiber cloth. Ready ! you whitened your blinds in the blink of an eye!
How to clean PVC roller blinds?
Many of us have PVC roller blinds because they are very cheap, resistant and light. However, they can deteriorate over time due to a lack of regular maintenance. To properly clean them, here’s what we recommend you do:
Also read: Place a bar of soap in your closets: you will immediately notice the unexpected result on your clothes.
- Mix one part white vinegar with 4 parts warm water.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray the vinegar solution on the blinds.
- Let the water and vinegar act for a few minutes.
- Lightly dampen a microfiber cloth, then rub
- Next, move on to the roller blind mechanisms, spraying them with Vaseline spray to lubricate and protect them from rust.
How to remove dust embedded in wood?
In addition to having the advantage of very good thermal insulation when you have wooden shutters, they are also a nice aesthetic addition. But if they bring that undeniable touch of elegance, they still require regular maintenance! Due to external factors such as humidity and bad weather, your beautiful wooden shutter can deteriorate… which would be a shame. If the dust has had time to accumulate there, here are some simple steps to dislodge it without too much difficulty:
- Use a feather duster or rag to dust the wood.
- Pass a damp cloth to clean them
- Gently rub the blinds
- You can also use a solution of one part white vinegar and two parts water to clean tougher stains;
- Wipe with a dry cloth and you’re done!
Keep in the habit of monthly or weekly cleaning with these methods and keep your blinds always clean. Impeccable blinds still help to style your interiors! So don’t neglect them and don’t hesitate to take advantage of these super easy tips to keep them!
Also read: Condensation on windows is a common problem: one ingredient in the kitchen is enough to fix it