Musty and damp smell in your closet? Humidity is the cause. Fortunately, there are natural ingredients to eliminate those unpleasant odors. Find out without delay our tips and tricks to get rid of this inconvenience. He went away !
Bad closet odors can be a real source of frustration. You have tried everything but without success. No panic! No need to resort to expensive and harmful chemicals. Valuable allies in the fight against humidity and mold, certain natural products can be very useful. These are real closet fresheners. We tell you everything!
What causes closet odors?
Humidity is the number one enemy that few manage to eradicate. Lack of ventilation, little exposure to the sun… The result, humidity develops and mold becomes a permanent tenant, not only in the rooms of your house but also in the closet and cupboards. Although the causes can be diverse, it is generally an excess of humidity and a lack of ventilation. In addition to damaging walls or tile joints, moisture can also damage clothing.
Also read: Unclog your toilet quickly with a simple trick: you don’t need to call the plumber
More than a food, white rice is an excellent natural remedy that is used at home. Mixed with a few drops of essential oil, it is very effective. Among its many virtues, it absorbs and eliminates odors and mold in a closet or cupboard. The rice absorbs moisture while the essential oil diffuses a pleasant smell and perfumes your clothes. Also, this brilliant solution is very easy to use! As ? We tell you the secret!
– Put a cup of rice in the cupboard: an effective advice from grandmother…
You will understand, a clean, disinfected and smelling closet is a must! Yes… Even better, it can be done quickly and easily with a simple trick. Grandma’s trick is to use a large jar and uncooked rice. Just follow the guide!
- Take raw rice.
- Put it in a big jar.
- Add a few drops of essential oil of your choice.
- Close the lid and let sit for ten minutes.
- After the time is up, remove the lid and place the jar in a corner of your cupboard.
And that’s it, that’s it! Rice is one of the most used natural remedies to eliminate mold and moisture from your closet. Clothes will be able to breathe again, and this pungent smell will quickly disappear. Important ! Consider replacing the rice once a week.
Apart from the rice trick, there are other super effective natural ingredients. You want to know more ? come on!
– Baking soda: the white powder that loves you well…
Known for its absorbency, baking soda will remove all bad odors from your cupboards. To do this, the process is very easy:
- In a container, put baking soda.
- Put the bowl in the stinky cupboard.
- Leave it open all day to air out.
- Don’t forget to close it the next day, leaving the baking soda bowl inside.
The result is nickel! You will no longer have an unpleasant smell in your closet.
– White vinegar: your ally to eradicate mold…
White vinegar is a versatile household product that can be used to clean, disinfect, and perfume. It’s great ! And to apply it – nothing complicated! You just have to follow a few simple steps:
- Get a cup of white vinegar and two cups of water.
- Pour both liquids into a spray bottle.
- Spray a rag with the solution and give the mold a good scrub on the shelves and walls of your closets.
- Wipe with a dry cloth to remove excess moisture
- Leave your closet open all day to air it out.
White vinegar will simply deodorize your closet. In this way, say goodbye to bad odors!
– A dehumidifier and expel moisture!
A dehumidifier also helps regulate the humidity level in the house. This way you will avoid the appearance of bad odors in your closets and cupboards. Also remember to open your windows to ensure good ventilation.
Also read: The trick to sharpen the blender blades: they will be sharp as new
– Sachets of dried herbs: nothing beats the aroma of the countryside…
Dried herb sachets are a great way to get rid of strong odors in your home or bedroom. You can add bags of dry herbs such as thyme, rosemary, basil… To use them, you just have to place them inside the closet on a shelf and that’s it!
Dear readers, thanks to our advice, you will be able to get rid of all the bad odors lodged in your closets. Don’t hesitate to apply them!
Also read: You’ve Always Flushed Wrongly: Most People Forget One Important Detail