Disposable wipes are a godsend for most of us; It cleans our baby’s bottom very quickly, traps dirt and disinfects various surfaces in our home. And our favourites? Surely it is the ones with a lid that make it easy to open and close the package. And when you empty it, it goes right in the trash! But then ? Has the idea of recycling the box lid ever crossed your mind? Surely not, since it’s so small… Well, you can give it a second life and we’ll explain how to do it!
Although your small baby wipes are biodegradable, the package (including the cap) is definitely not! And why not find a way to reuse them? For the container it is simple, we can have many ideas, but for the lid it is a bit complicated given its size, is that what you say? We reveal some little tricks that will change your mind immediately!
The lid on the packet of wipes has only one purpose: to keep them from drying out. However, it is possible to reuse it in an intelligent way. We reveal our cards to you!
Also read: Not many people know this, but here is how to thread a needle in 3 seconds.
Turn Wipe Pack Lids into an Accessory Box
The principle is very simple, dear readers!
- You need two caps from your packets of wipes.
- Once you get them back, leave the glue on them.
- Then join them and voila!
Thus, you will get a mini-box that you can use to store your earrings, your rings, or even your medicines… Of course, if you don’t feel very comfortable with the design of the lids. You just have to clean them well with acetone to remove part of the pattern, then you just have to paint them in the color of your choice using a spray paint for plastic. Also, with this incredible trick you can make several and order them by color categories; for example, pink for jewelry, yellow for rings, and green for medicine.
Use wipe pack covers to protect wall outlets
If you have children, you can easily recycle the caps from your wipe packets to protect your wall sockets and prevent your little ones from touching them or inserting dangerous objects into them. We show you what you should do step by step:
- First, get a lid off of your empty wipe pack and make sure it’s dry.
- Then place it over the wall outlet, positioning it correctly over the pins to completely cover your outlet.
- If necessary, use tape or glue to hold the cover in place.
Keep in mind, dear readers, that the use of these covers as protection for electrical outlets is far from being a surveillance alternative for our children. Therefore, it is always necessary to supervise them while they are playing.
Use Wet Wipe Lids to Store Kitchen Bags
If, like us, you tend to accumulate plastic bags, you probably know that they get tangled up and take up too much space. To store them you will only need a lid from the pack of wipes.
- Retrieve the cap from your packet of wipes.
- Take a large kitchen bag and store the other bags in it.
- Next, insert the lid of the packet of wipes between the two spears of the bag and close it.
- All you have to do is stick the lid to the inside of a kitchen cabinet (or anywhere else that works for you).
- If you want to bring a bag, you just have to open the lid, and serve yourself everything you want!
Use baby wipe lids to make opening a sugar canister easier
See how useful those plastic caps are? We also suggest you use them to make it easier to open a sugar box:
- Remove the cap from your packet of wipes.
- Then place it on the lid of the sugar box.
- Open the lid, then trace its interior shape with a pen or pencil.
- Now take a cutter or sharp knife to cut out the traced shape to make an opening through which you can simply slide a spoon and scoop out the amount of sugar you need!
- Finally, use the glue to securely attach the lid to the box.
Thanks to this trick, you will surely open your sugar box safely and avoid putting it everywhere! Also, you can use the same technique to make it easier to open a packet of potato chips. This way you make sure that they will stay fresh for longer, preventing them from getting wet and losing their crunch.
Turn wipe packet lids into educational toys for kids
Recycling objects is a great way to carry out a creative and fun activity for our children. These are our ideas to turn the lids of the packets of wet wipes into educational toys for the little ones:
- LEARN COLOURS: Give your child a fun time while stimulating their learning of colors. All you have to do is paint each cap a different color. Next, ask your child to pick up the cap corresponding to the color he indicated.
- Memory Game: Why not collect lids from your wipe packets and glue duplicate numbers, letters or even shapes on them? You will then ask your child to find the matching pairs. What better way to help him develop his visual memory while having fun!
- Counting Game: Collect some caps from your packets of wipes and write numbers on them. Then ask your child to stack them in ascending or descending order.
These are just a few examples to inspire you. So let your imagination run wild and please your little one!
Here’s a video tutorial to show you how to do these DIY hacks:
Also read: Remove Labels From Glass Jars With A Simple Trick – Quick, Done Right
As you can see, dear readers, there are many ways to reuse the lids of your wipe packs. In addition to being convenient, these hacks save you money and help save our planet by reducing the amount of waste that ends up in landfills. Therefore, the recycling effort is a great victory for our environment but also for our well-being.
Also read: Jeans with holes? Leave it as new, without leaving traces: 2 minutes are enough