We all like to have a relaxing moment in our bathroom to get rid of the tiredness of the day, take care of ourselves and enjoy the warm atmosphere of home. That is why this friendly space must always be clean, fragrant and serene, something that is not always obvious. Fortunately, cleaning no longer rhymes with drudgery when you’re equipped with the right tips like the ones we’ll introduce you to in this article. Come on…
The bathroom is also a space for relaxation, of course, but it must be constantly maintained so that you want to pamper yourself with a good shower. This sensory experience now becomes a godsend and an art of living if good advice is carefully adopted. Decoded!
For an impeccable well-being, cleaning the bathroom is something necessary that must be done with dedication and love.
Also read: Why is it advisable to put a tea bag in the sink before going to bed? The genius trick of crafty housewives
Indeed, perfecting this cleaning does not consist in using many chemical products but, above all, in carrying out a series of meticulous gestures in which no detail is lost, starting with the bathtub, going through the wall tiles to the floor of the bathroom. stay as well as all vertical surfaces.
With that said, let’s discover together the steps for a perfect hotel-like bathroom cleaning… Good luck!
What are the steps to clean a bathroom?
Of all the rooms in the house, the bathroom might be the least favorite to clean.
We understand that getting rid of weeks of soap scum and grime makes deep cleaning more daunting, so here are some steps you can take to make this daunting task more enjoyable, and most of all, less painful. These will help you maintain the quality of your sanitary facilities and also save time.
Here is the framework to follow to have a clean bathroom:
- Strip your bathroom clean by cleaning it of all its contents, namely: cosmetics, towels, rugs and all the small objects that are on the counter;
- Take out trash and discarded containers;
- Throw all washable items in the washing machine by adding a little fabric softener to your towels, it will give them a boost of freshness;
- Dust the corners with a feather duster and sweep any debris from the floor, focusing on hidden corners;
- Attack both the bathtub and the shower head, the taps and the joints with a cleaner to clean the calcareous deposits. We recommend natural ingredients such as white vinegar, baking soda or even lemon;
- Scrub the toilet well, concentrating on the seat and bottom of the bowl;
- Polish coatings that accumulate grease from soap and shower products;
- Finally attack the floor, emphasizing the joints of the tiles;
- Clean and deodorize pipes;
- Perfume the bathroom.
How to properly clean bathroom wall tiles with white vinegar?
Tiling is a pleasant coating that is very popular for its practical and aesthetic side. However, when it comes into contact with water, especially in the bathroom, limestone deposits are deposited there to make way for a white veil ugly. Insensitive to conventional chemicals, these limestone traces deserve to use our famous White vinegar ! Let’s see how it works…
With its concentration of acetic acid, white vinegar is shown to be the best ally for deep descaling of tiles. Indeed, the base of the limestone melts in the acid of the vinegar, producing a certain chemical reaction. Result: the mixture of these two components becomes salt and water for easy rinsing.
In our case, all you have to do is pour a glass of white vinegar into a spray bottle and spray it all over the wall. It is also possible to pour it directly on a sponge and rub the contaminated surfaces.
Then blot the surface with a clean, dry cloth without rinsing, as long as its odor is neutral and not overpowering.
Here, the thing is done, The limescale is gone and your tiles shine like never before!
How to naturally clean mold from dirty bathroom grouts with baking soda?
Before you embark on the tedious task of fervently scrubbing clogged bathtub or sink joints, why not try the miraculous sodium bicarbonate ? A single gesture to make mold disappear in the blink of an eye!
In fact, in a humid environment like the bathroom, it is evident that mold appears around the bathtub, the shower tank or the sink. it’s just for frozen water causing invisible fungus AND that could disperse particles harmful to health in the air. The solution is here…
The baking soda trick is very simple and only takes a bit of your time to get a clean and shiny effect. Here is the method:
- form a paste with the mixture of 4 tablespoons of baking soda and a little water.
- Apply this paste on the affected joints and let it sit for a day;
- drizzle the dough with white vinegar and let it foam;
- With circular movements, rub the joints using an old toothbrush;
- Rinse with clean water and be surprised with the result, they look like new!
How to clean the bottom of the bathtub with black soap?
There is nothing more relaxing than taking a good shower at the end of the day… and that’s only if your bathtub participates in this wellness business!
Sure enough, the bathtub is full of residue from shower products, hair, dead skin and dirty water. That’s why you should never hesitate to include it in your deep cleaning routine. You’ll thank yourself in your next shower…
With that being said, black soap comes to the rescue! Known for its degreasing capacity, it will sanitize the bottom of the bathtub, removing all the greasy film. For this, small gestures are enough:
- Dressing an abrasive cloth (especially dedicated to the bathtub) in a mixture of black soap and hot water;
- Scrub the bathtub vigorously, insisting on both the walls and the contour of the sewer;
- Rinse with clean water. Who says better?
How to use the lemon juice trick for a perfect descaling of the floor?
Lemon juice is a natural anti-limescale just as effective as descaling chemicals that are harmful to the skin and respiratory tract. Look :
Also read: How to clean the carpet and remove difficult stains?
- Spray fresh lemon juice on the bathroom floor;
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of baking soda for more efficiency;
- Leave to act for a quarter of an hour;
- Rinse with clean water and adopt this hack for good! The limestone is no longer there and neither are the bad smells…
Did you know that dishwasher tablets can also help you keep your toilet clean and spotless? Yes, just allow a small tablet to dissolve in the container and then scrub with your usual brush. It’s that easy ! Whether your toilet is porcelain or glazed ceramic, restore it to its former glory with this simple trick.
With these tips you will have covered the entire bathroom, all that remains is to clean the drains, spray your favorite air freshener and let all the toilets vent. No more reasons to put off your next shower!
Also read: How often should the dishwasher be cleaned? The essential step to eliminate bacteria