If you are a fan of yoga, surely leggings cannot be missing from your wardrobe… But what do you do when they accompany you to a final session of saluting the sun? Instead of throwing them away like old junk, how about giving them a second chance? Yes, with a little imagination and some DIY knowledge, you can do wonders! We show you how.
So girls, get out your scissors, put on your most comfortable outfit, and get ready to wave a magic wand and turn your leggings into a very special accessory! We are going to reveal our most innovative ideas! Trust us, you’ll recycle like a true pro and wow everyone at home! Are you ready to proudly display your new title of “DIY queen”? He went away !
Leggings, those famous sportswear so comfortable that we like to wear in any circumstance… But, what to do when they break or discolor from use? There’s no way they’re going to end up in the back of the closet or in the trash. Whether they are cotton, polyester or lycra tights, we have a very practical solution to recycle them and turn them into something useful and out of the ordinary! And no, we are not just referring to turning them into cleaning cloths, much less dear readers! All it takes is a little know-how and ingenuity to turn them into unique and eco-friendly fashion accessories. However, if you are not a DIY professional, don’t be discouraged, our tips and tricks are easy and fun. No more time to waste, get to work!
Also read: What to do with old towels? 44 ingenious ways to reuse them
How to transform an old legging from a simple garment to a lampshade?
Finding colored lampshades in furniture stores can be quite difficult, not to mention that spray paint can give disappointing results once the lamp is lit. But rest assured, by following these simple steps, you will finally be able to create your own unique and stylish screen cover. So if you want to add color and pattern to your night lamp, break out your old tights! It is an easy and cheap solution!
The materials you will need:
- a pair of leggings
- a screen
The steps to follow:
- Using your scissors, cut your leggings into thirds; on the thighs and knees.
- For this trick you will only need the middle part (thighs).
- Slide it along your screen making sure the top of the screen is covered by the excess fabric.
- Use the glue to secure your shims securely along the edges of the screen (bottom and top).
- All you have to do is cut off the excess fabric and voila!
- Get comfortable and admire the result!
When it comes to the types of leggings to use for this DIY project, nylon stockings are perfect because they are stretchy.
How to turn old leggings into a crop top?
If your leggings don’t fit as well as they used to, or you’ve accumulated a dozen of them without having enough matching tops, here’s a trick that might interest you: in just a few minutes, you can make a cool and trendy look. crop top. ! Practical and economical, our excellent idea will allow you to renew your wardrobe in no time!
What do you need:
- a pair of leggings
The steps to follow:
- First, choose leggings in size S or M to avoid making your crop top too big.
- Lay out the pants, then fold them in half so the legs are even.
- Take your scissors and cut a circle in the crotch (be careful not to make the circle too big, otherwise the neckline of your crop top will be too wide).
- If you’re not sure what size circle to cut, make a small one! If you find the collar too tight, you can make it larger by cutting it again.
Well that’s as simple as that! In no time, you’ve turned your old leggings into a crop top. If you like the result, do more with leggings in different colors and patterns.
If you want to see this trick on video, here is a very interesting one that gives you more explanations to make your little masterpieces.
Also read: No more throwing away the lids of the wipes packets: you will be surprised how you can use them
Dear readers, now, in two steps, three movements, you can recycle your old leggings and transform them into something very useful. Up to you !
Also read: Not many people know this, but here is how to thread a needle in 3 seconds.