Nothing better for our bathroom than a toilet that shines and smells clean! The trick that we share with you in this article is not only beneficial for the hygiene of your toilet, but it is also an inexpensive way to solve many problems. Let’s look at all this in more detail.
If there is an area of the bathroom that begs us to sanitize it and keep it clean, it is the toilet bowl. Walls tend to turn yellow from stagnant water, not to mention lime deposits that can form on the bottom of the porcelain throne. Yes, the task is clearly not the most pleasant… But what if we told you that a simple plastic bottle could help you clean this area effortlessly? Discover one of the most ingenious natural cleaning methods to restore your toilets to their splendor without delay.
Before moving on to the method that interests us, you must first take a first step before going to bed. Start by pouring a handful of baking soda down the toilet, and then pour in a small amount of white vinegar. It is the foaming effect that comes from the two ingredients that we are looking for here to effectively and naturally remove dirt from the walls of the container. Leave on for 15 minutes, or even overnight, then gently scrub with a clean toilet brush to remove deposits and odors.
Also read: These two ingredients will clean your toilet better than bleach
Now we go to the method in question. It involves placing a small bottle inside the toilet tank so that you can clean the bowl every time you flush. To achieve this, you don’t need much and the steps are quick!
The bottle method to get a clean and white toilet very easily
- Get a half-liter plastic bottle.
- Pour liquid Marseille soap into the bottle
- Add 300 ml of white vinegar and close the bottle.
- Shake so that the soap and white vinegar mix properly
- Pierce the top of the plastic lid.
- Open the tank lid, insert the bottle and close it. Just be careful not to block the flush mechanism with the bottle.
In this way, the mixture of cleaning ingredients immediately acts on the walls of the toilet bowl every time you flush. Practical, right? And this is all the more true since this technique easily perfumes your bathroom while allowing you to keep your toilets constantly disinfected!
Another important detail, this trick allows you to reduce the amount of water in the tank. And since the tank will hold less water, this means your consumption will be less each time you use the toilet. This is definitely a hack that more people would benefit from adopting!
Use a plastic bottle to unclog the toilet.
Do you want to unclog the toilet and you don’t have a plunger? A plastic bottle can help you a lot:
- First, cut the base of a liter bottle with a knife or scissors and keep the cap
- Place the cut bottom of the bottle in the bottom of the container, then move it back and forth as if using a suction cup. If the block is not substantial, the technique should prove its worth.
There is often no better container for cleaning products than a good plastic bottle because it is simply the most accessible resource. To effectively clean the bottom of the toilet with it, the steps are very simple:
Also read: Pour Laundry Detergent Down The Toilet At Night – The Genius Trick That Solves A Big Problem
- Start by heating some water, and then add a natural cleaning product like white vinegar. You can opt for a mixture made up of a glass of lemon juice and a tablespoon of baking soda.
- Mix everything well and pour the solution into a plastic bottle and close it.
- Pierce the plastic cap of the bottle.
- Aim at the bottom of the toilet with the neck of the bottle, then gently squeeze to spray the cleaning water into the bottom of the toilet. Two to four squirts should do the trick.
- Let go
- Grab your toilet scrub brush and then flush. Repeat if necessary.
There are a handful of natural cleaning products with descaling properties like baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, salt, or lemon juice. They are worthy alternatives to harsh chemical agents because they are perfectly environmentally friendly. To decalcify your toilet with it, this is what you can do:
- Prepare a mixture of water, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of coarse salt, and 1/4 glass of lemon juice.
- Pour the solution into a small plastic bottle that will fit in the toilet tank.
- Stir well to mix the ingredients.
- Put the bottle in the tank and close it.
- Leave on for 30 minutes.
- Unload the bathroom. Over the days this should gradually break up the limescale layer as you flush the toilet.
Yes, a simple plastic bottle can be super practical to solve more than one cleaning problem.
Also read: Throwing soap down the toilet: the brilliant trick that saves you trouble