If you are the cold type in winter, you will surely be surprised to know that your phone is too! In fact, when temperatures drop, your smartphone’s battery percentage plummets rapidly. This phenomenon is not necessarily due to the performance of the latter, but above all to the unfortunate reactions related to lithium-ion batteries that react badly when cold. But is there a way to fix this problem? Don’t panic, we have the solution! We explain all this to you in detail… Take note, here we go!
When winter hits, you can charge your phone twice a day, but the little bars disappear! Guilty ? It is the cold that slows down the diffusion of ions and therefore the autonomy of your smartphone. That being said, to avoid this inconvenience, the trick is a piece of cake! Explanation !
Why did I run out of battery?
No matter how much you take care of your phone’s battery, sooner or later it ends up playing a trick on you, making your life difficult. If you are convinced that it is still efficient, it is possible in this case that some of your usage habits are not optimal and affect its proper functioning.
Also read: How to choose a ring to offer? Be careful, not all stones have the same meaning
Why does a mobile phone discharge quickly? Causes to consider
If you are wondering why your mobile phone is draining so fast, the answer is in your device’s settings, which you can also check at any time to check which elements consume the most energy. To carry out this diagnosis, you only have to access the configuration, then in the “Battery” section, there you will find a graph showing the consumption of your device, with the most demanding applications at the top of the list.
These are the results you can get:
- First of all, excessive screen brightness arises as a primary cause. This is because the size of your device and the resolution of the visual effects are getting bigger and bigger, that’s why the battery percentage is dropping quite fast. Also, if the screen represents more than 20% of your energy consumption, there is a problem!
- So if by mistake, an update goes wrong, this may very well affect your battery. It is true that you have to wait for a new version to appear to correct this problem, but this waiting time will cause you to lose a few minutes or hours of battery life.
- do not underestimate the use of certain energy-intensive applications ! To solve this problem, go to the settings of your phone where you will have access to the list of applications classified by order of energy consumption. You will be able to sort and delete those that you use very rarely, if ever!
- We tell you a big secret: you know those apps that claim to improve battery life? Well, they are the same ones that eat it! Therefore, we recommend that you check it out in the “comments” section in your Play Store or App Store before installing anything, so you will be better informed…
- Similarly, apps that promise cleanliness smart and automatic apps running in the background are also inactive. You don’t need this feature!
- This feature seems harmless at first glance, but it is far from it… It is, in fact, thevibrator. Our advice is then that you deactivate it and leave only the “Exterior” or “silence” function.
- know that permanent use of Wi-Fi, mobile networks or Bluetooth they are not without effect either.
- Finally, the cable and the way to charge your smartphone they also play an important role in the life of your battery.
Now that you know the causes that contribute to high energy consumption, come and find out how to manipulate these characteristics for better energy savings.
Did you know, dear readers? You only need to adopt simple gestures to improve the energy autonomy of your smartphone. We explain how to proceed:
Disable power-hungry apps on iOS and Android to optimize your smartphone’s battery power consumption
- Regarding the display, make sure you juggle the brightness from the display settings or from scroller with a dark theme in the background. This will help extend the life of the battery first;
- Pay attention to releases of updates, know what it entails before installing them;
- Always refer to the graph that plots the applications according to their energy consumption, this will allow you to make a permanent classification;
- Do not install unrecognized apps who allege the stupidity of being able to improve the autonomy of your battery;
- Be aware of vibration function ;
- have the reflection disable Wi-Fi or mobile data, if you no longer need it;
- Don’t charge your phone at 10% and above all don’t use it when charging otherwise you could inflate the battery and have much more dangerous consequences;
- Although it is practical in day to day, Google Assistant function it should be disabled if not requested, because it uses a constant standby mode that consumes a lot of power;
- Activate only the notifications related to the main applications, it will clear your phone and also your mind…
- Turn on power saving mode, it will come automatically close unused power-hungry apps and reduce the number of background programs. No doubt, this option is very beneficial for improving battery life, but it should still be noted that it causes slowness, particularly in terms of notifications and the network. It’s up to you to choose which side to join…
Here’s a little guide that will surely be useful so that your phone doesn’t give you a rabbit the first time!
Also read: The little-known trick to boost Wi-Fi to reach a room without coverage
Where is the power saving mode in the iPhone settings?
To activate or deactivate the energy saving mode on your Iphone, here are two ways to proceed:
- Go to the settings, then to the “Battery” section to check or uncheck the box;
- Add this option directly to the control center of your iPhone going to the settings, then to the “control center”, then to “customize commands” and finally selecting “Power saving mode”, done, done!
In order for your phone to accompany you for a long time, adopt the correct gestures that help save battery power.
Also read: This driving habit that you should no longer do consumes more fuel and damages your car